Abby Lee Miller Attacked By Fellow Dance Moms Star Kelly Hyland

January 09, 2014 01:28 PM by Lisa Princ

Abby Lee Miller of Dance Moms is definitely does not seem like the easiest person to get along with, so we knew that sooner or later she would be involved in a fight of some sort. And guess what? It has finally happened! Abby Lee Miller was reportedly attacked by fellow Dance Moms star, Kelly Hyland. Details inside…

Abby Lee Miller is known for her strong personality on the hit Lifetime show, Dance Moms, but is she too strong for the fellow moms? Apparently, one of those moms, Kelly Hyland, finally had enough of Miller. In a new report by TMZ, Kelly Hyland was arrested for assault and harassment back in November 2013 for attacking Abby Lee Miller.

According to the site, Kelly Hyland got extremely upset with Abby when Miller started looking for new talent and overlooked Kelly’s children (Brooke and Paige). To make matters worse, Abby Lee Miller then brought a new star by the studio, and that is when Kelly reportedly snapped and lost it on Abby. Hyland started screaming at Miller and pulling her hair, according to some eyewitnesses. Sources go on to say that it then escalated to a complete cat fight, and a few cameras caught the action on tape.

So far, no charges have been filed in the case, but we’re guessing that we may see the fight on the show since it was taped. Now that would definitely make for some awesome television, don’t you think?

What do you think of Kelly Hyland getting arrested for attacking Abby Lee Miller? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it. Comment below to share your thoughts with us!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about Dance Moms. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality TV.

Photos Courtesy: WENN

Topics: Dance Moms, Lifetime Reality TV Shows |

17 Responses to “Abby Lee Miller Attacked By Fellow Dance Moms Star Kelly Hyland”

1. DONNA HEITKOETTER Says:
    January 10th, 2014 at 3:17 pm

KELLY HYLAND SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED IN ABBY LEE MILLER’S DANCE STUDIO. SHE’S TOO DANGEROUS–SHE’S LIABLE TO BRING A GUN IN.

2. lorrianne Says:
    January 10th, 2014 at 8:11 pm

Why is Kelly going to either leave the show, or get fired from the show. She is out of line so many times its unbelievable. I know Abby can be a bitch, and treat Kellys kids like they don’t exist, but that’s when Kelly needs to leave but no, she keeps coming back for the cameras.

3. jessica Says:
    January 11th, 2014 at 4:36 pm

I think it’s awesome she did something to abby that woman deserved it!! Someone needs to buy kelly some drinks lol

4. fox Says:
    January 12th, 2014 at 8:12 am

Abby Lee Miller is a great teacher as she teaches kid , not only dance but survival. Dance is a harsh life and if a child cannot get use to the comments or your not hired, they shouldn’t continue into the career. They get the positives from mom and dad. KELLY IS ALWAYS ANGRY. she is unsafe, especially with children around. Her rational thinking is not. She is blind when it comes to her kids abilities as well as selfish. If she were to allow the kids to be in dance without her presence her girls would get better.

5. paradise0 Says:
    January 14th, 2014 at 12:33 pm

I thought it was never going to happen. Almost gave up hope that someone would give Abby a knuckle sandwich. IT is about Time! How they restrained themselves this long I a miracle anyway. I was thinking if it was anyone it would have been Christi. But way to go Kelly. It is about time someone hit that bully. Abby is the most awful person and I sure hope she had to wear a black eye for a while following that well deserved lesson she got.

6. paradise0 Says:
    January 14th, 2014 at 12:46 pm

Well Abby sure does like harsh lessons being taught and now she is the recipient of one. Kudos Kelly! Abby must learn the harsh realities of the real world: that when you bully people one day someone is going to knock you on your butt. That day has arrived! I’d believe anyone who says Abby is a witch because she is doing the girls a great service by teaching them the harsh realities of the real dance world except it does not hold water: there are holes in that bucket! So tell me why does she ignore giving Maddie that wonderful gift of learning the harsh realities of the real dancer world? She certainly does not treat Maddie the same as she does the other girls. So does she just not want Maddie to learn that lesson. And if they all need to learn it and learn it now, why does she not want Maddie to learn it? All Maddie knows now is that she will always be favored by those who will bend over backwards to give her the staring role and all the solos everywhere she goes in the real dance world. Don’t think she is being prepared for that harsh world to come if she goes on to reach for a career in dance. But maybe Abby will see that if she had learned her lesson yrs ago she might have avoided the harshness of someone knocking her down a peg or two: wake up Abby, you have now seen what it is like to live in the real world of dance moms! Bully the the wrong mom for too long is bound to lead to someone finally having enough. Treat a moms kid like you do all the kids (Maddie excluded of course) and some mom will eventually enjoy teaching you a lesson.

7. Ekc Says:
    January 14th, 2014 at 9:53 pm

I understand Abby’s teaching style. I had a similar singing teacher who pushed us to our best. I don’t understand these Moms meddling especially Kelly is an idiot and I think she is humiliating herself and her kids with her behavior. She’s the one Mom that should be off the show. I know she makes for good ratings but what a horrible role model for young woman.
    It’s all about her and her histrionics. She needs to trust Abby’s process. If she hates Abby so much why doesn’t’ she leave?!! I don’t understand why Abby keeps her unless it’s her misguided loyalty from dancing together or the show wants the drama!!

8. PF Says:
    January 28th, 2014 at 11:27 am

All the mothers on the show is always screaming how “it’s so unfair that Maddie and Mckenzie gets more attention then our children, esp. Maddie”, and will say it in front of Maddie. How do you think that makes her feel??? Talk about bullying, and not even by her peers but by adults that should know better. It’s funny, if Abbie would treat their kids like she does Maddie, they wouldn’t think anything of it, but would get all upset if someone talked ill about them.
    Noone cannot say Maddie is not an excellant dancer and loves to dance. Maybe some of the mothers should quit being jealous and start taking notes and asking her to help their children.
    Also, Kelly and Christie are the worst mothers on the show. They are always complaining and whining about something and starting a fight with someone. They act like if its not their way then it shouldn’t be any way. They are always causing drama.

9. savannah nichole Says:
    January 30th, 2014 at 8:10 pm

Kelly, was in the wrong period. She has known Abby since she was a kid. She has had every opportunity to leave that studio and take her children she has CHOOSEN not to do that. Abby, is who she is that’s not changed since the show started. Kelly has said a lot of disgusting things about Abby and I don’t know why Abby even continues to let Kelly or Christi film I would have kept their children if they wanted to dance but got a couple of other kids that atleast have mothers that don’t behave the way Kelly and Christi does. If the mother’s are offended and the children are treated so horribly why are they still there?? The mother’s have the control to go any time they want to. Kelly is at fault and if Christi left asap I would love it I’m so sick of everything that comes out of her mouth.

10. savannah nichole Says:
    January 30th, 2014 at 8:15 pm

Also I think it’s ironic that they love to hate on Abby and the way the girls are treated but each and every mother are scared to death their children will be replaced. And then one goes on the attack, they stand there at pyramid and the actions of the mother’s play a role in where their children end up. This is nothing new it’s week after week.

11. vickie larkin Says:
    February 5th, 2014 at 7:31 am

i think kelly should leave the show and also chloe’s mom ,because they are always keeping up trouble.

12. Keke Says:
    February 8th, 2014 at 9:46 pm

I think she didn’t deserve it but she has no right talking to them kids like she do she need Jesus that’s why bad luck happening to her

13. Pageant Mom Says:
    February 11th, 2014 at 9:51 am

I have a love hate relationship with this show. I love to watch the dances, costuming, makeup ideas etc… I understand what it is like to have you child working with someone you consider abusive, but also the best in your area at what they do. Regarding the way she treats Maddie differently – that child is a perfectionist who pushes herself harder than any teacher will ever push her. You have to be very careful with this type of kid. My daughter had abusive coaches over the years, one music director, one pageant director and a karate instructor. We simply sought out other professionals who were better suited to bring out the best in my kid. No need for all the drama. Sometimes you just have to walk away and let the child begin anew with someone else. I look for drama free people.

14. RP Says:
    February 11th, 2014 at 8:56 pm

I’m sorry, but, Abby is the one causing all the chaos among the mothers & Abby is verbally, mentally, & emotionally abusing the young girls. Abby is pushing the mothers to react to defend their daughters. I feel sorry for the girls because they can be affected for life from the bullying Abby does to them. If I were a mother of girl on that team, I would be the one pressing charges against Abby Lee Miller & make sure she never is able to have a another dance studio in her lifetime. She should not be allowed to be around children at all.

15. Lacey Says:
    February 11th, 2014 at 10:19 pm

I am watching the show now and Abby tried to bite Kelly and that’s when Kelly went nuts. Abby clearly tried to assult Kelly first. Abby is not a good person and treats those kids so badly. She has gotten better since season 1 but she is still cold. I think if Kelly is going to be charged than Abby should be charged for trying to bite.

16. sturner Says:
    February 12th, 2014 at 5:47 pm

I know that this show is put on. No professional instructor is as demeaning toward some students or biased toward another as this woman. I am 60 years old and have to admit that I have enjoyed Dance Moms until this point. No more. I cannot watch this ridiculous show. Without Chloe it is not really a show. The same old Abby sabotaging her is old stuff. I know that no mother would allow their talented child to be treated like this. In the same light, Melissa must recognize that Maddie is awesome and does not need to placate the whims of Abby to be a star. She is already there and Abby only rides on her accomplishments. Sorry to know that Dance Moms is on its way out.

17. 4th position Says:
    February 13th, 2014 at 12:22 pm

Abby is out of control. The judges at the Joffrey Ballet were correct when they told McKenzie her teacher was a ‘dumb dumb’ for teaching tricks and shaking her bum. Abby is not so much a dancer teacher as a person who probably would be suited to circus acts or some types of Broadway performance or Vegas. During the JOffrey experience the judges told Chloe to get into some REAL ballet classes . she had so much natural talent and ability .. it was a waste not to go in that direction. Regarding the show .. I think contracturally the mom’s lose a lot of money if they leave and can even be sued. As for Brooke and Paige.. why their mom wants to set them up for abuse must have to do with LOTS of money for doing the show. Abby got up first and came towards Kelly chomping her mouth .. it looked like she would have bitten Kelly’s fingers if she had the chance. Prior to the altercation .. Abby was being as manipulative and abusive as I have ever seen her .. pushing the buttons of all the moms but particuarly Kelly as she attacked both Brooke and Paige .. then at the end of the show she blames Kelly and the girls for leaving. IS Abby serious or just the biggest phony drama queen who ever lived. There is NOTHING professional about her.. and if you watch the Joffrey episode and can’t figure that out .. you have your head in a dark place. I love watching the girls dance . .I love the process .. but wish there were OTHER teachers involved who set an example. Strict dance teachers is one thing .. lots of those.. but abusive dance instructors for little girls is nothing but bullying and child abuse.. the kids will learn NOTHING. Abby acts like she is the ONLY one producing dancers for the stage.. that is not only untrue .. it’s a joke.

Comments