American Idol: Harry Connick Jr. Auditions For Keith Urban

January 23, 2014 09:00 AM by Stephanie Gustafson

If there’s one thing we love about this season’s judges on American Idol, it’s that they’re always willing to engage in a little comic relief. Last night was no exception, with Harry Connick Jr. blowing his ‘audition’ for Keith Urban.

When Harry Connick Jr. and Keith Urban start goofing off, they remind us of two other kooky, lovable reality TV judges: Blake Shelton and Adam Levine! And after last night’s episode, American Idol and The Voice just might be engaged in an all-out bromance battle.

While Jennifer Lopez excused herself for a bathroom break, Harry put on his best audition face and sang a very off-key version of the Star Spangled Banner. He told Keith that, in addition to singing, he played the piano, although, unfortunately, was not quite strong enough to drag his instrument of choice to the audition.

After only making it a measure or two into the song, Harry found himself distracted both by titters from the audience (which Keith claimed was “laughing near [him]” and not at him) and, of course, Keith’s manly good looks. Harry told Keith, “You’re so beautiful,” and while the judge ultimately rejected the audition, he did offer to sign an autograph. A very happy Harry then stuck his leg out and giggled as Keith signed his ankle. Finally, he hopped out to share the good news with his mom.

We’ve posted the audition video below — feel free to check it out! When you’re done, stop by the comments section and tell us what you think of Harry Connick Jr. and Keith Urban’s budding bromance!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about American Idol. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Photo Credit: FOX

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality Channel Reality TV Shows |

7 Responses to “American Idol: Harry Connick Jr. Auditions For Keith Urban”

1. Gloria Says:
    January 23rd, 2014 at 10:30 am

I love Keith and Harry! This interview was hilarious! Thanks to them, I’m loving Idol now!

2. Daniel Sonnentag Says:
    January 23rd, 2014 at 11:49 am

I never knew Harry Connick Jr. was so funny. I like the show all the way through but I find myself anxious to tune in just to see how funnny he is that night. A far cry from Simon and very refreshing. Makes it a much more fun show. I also have noticed that the comments about contestants are always constructive comments whether contestant seems they are wrong or not. I am amazed at how comments about contestants never seem to be the same but tailored individually to each contested. Not endless repetition of the same phrased. I believe you have the best panel of judges right now that idol has ever had. Congrats!

3. norma Says:
    January 24th, 2014 at 9:19 am

Keith and Harry are hysterical together! I love this!

4. Karen Says:
    January 25th, 2014 at 7:27 pm

I love their horsing around. I enjoy it when all the judges make it look think they are having fun. And I hope they are. It makes the show fun to watch. They seem to have a good report with one another. Best judges since “IDOL” first started.

5. Dee Says:
    March 1st, 2014 at 5:33 am

Love the way Keith and Harry feed off of each other. I get a kick out of Keiths background giggle every time Harry says something funny. No one enjoys Harry’s’ humor as much as Keith does. Love the judges and American Idol this year.

6. Dee Says:
    March 1st, 2014 at 5:35 am

I forgot to mention I hope Keith lets his hair grow out a little bit.

7. Teri Says:
    March 5th, 2014 at 5:53 am

While everybody is looking and admiring JLo, I am looking and admiring what is to the right of her Keith Urban, WOW he has IT all.

Comments