January 28, 2014 01:00 PM by Suzy Kerr
While divorces have been known to cause financial ruin for plenty of people, that certainly doesn’t seem to be the case for Vicki Gunvalson. The veteran Real Housewives of Orange County and her ex, Donn, have reached a settlement in their divorce, and at the end of the day, Vicki’s going to be raking in nearly $1 million in assets and cash. Not too shabby for a brand new divorcee.
RadarOnline obtained the divorce settlement documents, which give a VERY close look into the Gunvalsons’ finances. And really, who doesn’t want a close look into someone else’s finances? The couple, who were married for 16 years, owned several properties, a few timeshares, a couple of luxury cars and plenty of other high dollar items – all of which had to be split in the divorce. Here’s a rundown of what Vicki walked away with post-split:
• Over $271,000 in cash from shared bank accounts
• Half the balance of the couple’s Gold Strike Poker stock
• The home at 7 Shire
• The Cota de Caza house, which was appraised at $559,711 and sold after the couple’s separation
• $886,459 in assets including furniture, art and other items
• The $5,700 in profit earned from the sale of timeshare in Puerto Vallerta, Mexico
• Half the value of the couple’s other two timeshares, valued at $3,600 and $9,000
• 2009 Mercedes SL550
• Absolute freedom to be with boyfriend and major asshat,Brooks Ayers
Quite the list, is it not? Many experts advise people NOT to divorce because it is costly and can leave a person more or less broke, but clearly Vicki Gunvalson is not going to be that person.
The Real Housewives of Orange County star isn’t the only one walking away with way more than a penny to name, though. Ex-hubby Donn isn’t exactly getting a raw deal in the divorce, as he’s netting around $633,000 in assets, homes in Irvine, California and Lake Havasu, Arizona, a couple of cars, a retirement account with $74,000 in it plus half the balance of some of the couple’s shared bank accounts.
Clearly, it pays to be a Gunvalson. So what do you think about Vicki and Donn’s respectable hauls from their divorce? Tell us in the comments!
Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The Real Housewives Of Orange County. For other great reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot:The Real Housewives of Orange County.
Photo Credit: Bravo