The Biggest Loser Crowns Most Shocking Winner To Date

February 05, 2014 06:22 AM by Lisa Princ

Last night it was time for the season 15 finale of The Biggest Loser, where one of the three finalists would be crowned the winner. And it proved to be a shocking finale, but it wasn’t good ole Ruben Studdard, that shocked us, it was the show’s winner! Details inside…

Season 15 of The Biggest Loser came to a close last night as Bobby, David and Rachel were back to battle it out for $250K and the title of this season’s Biggest Loser. Before we tell you who won, we’ll get into the not so shocking contestants. First, there was Ruben Studdard, who as we expected, was in the last group of at home contestants to get weighed in. Ruben lost a total of 119 pounds, and while we congratulate him on his loss, that’s only a few pounds more than he told reporters he lost back in December. Somehow, we were not shocked by that. Ruben also took the stage to perform his new single, which was incredible.

Then there was Holly the Olympian, remember her? We could tell as soon as she walked out on the stage that she had not been working as hard as some of the other contestants. Holly ended up losing over 90 pounds, but for someone of her size and strength, we were expecting more – she barely looked any different than when we last saw her. Holly did manage to invite Bob to the Olympics, if she makes it next time around, that is.

Most of the other contestants who returned for the at home prize looked amazing. But it was Tumi who stunned with her incredible loss of 175 pounds and walked away with the $100K prize. So who walked away with the $250K prize? First, let me say that we knew it was going to be a close call just by looking at how much weight all three of the finalists had lost. Both men did great as Bobby lost 188 pounds, and David, the fan favorite of this season lost a whopping 222 pounds.

But it was Rachel who shocked us. Rachel lost a total of 155 pounds, as she weighed in at 105 pounds. Rachel lost a total of over 59% of her body weight, breaking Danny Cahill’s previous record of over 55%. However, the most shocking part of her win was that Rachel did not look healthy at all to us. Usually, when they all come back to the finale, most of the contestants look healthy, but Rachel’s loss looked extreme and almost anorexic. Check out Rachel’s new look below and tell us what you think:

Who do you think will win season 15 finale of The Biggest Loser? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it! Sound off in the comments section and let us know!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information about The Biggest Loser. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Biggest Loser.

Photo Courtesy of NBC

Topics: NBC Reality TV Shows, The Biggest Loser |

14 Responses to “The Biggest Loser Crowns Most Shocking Winner To Date”

1. Victoria Kaas Says:
    February 5th, 2014 at 6:57 am

The first thing I thought when I saw her was she
    Looked a bit anorexic, with arms like sticks.
    Next to no body fat at all. I know this is a competition,
    but she went a bit too far. She will look and feel
    better if she puts on 10 pounds via healyy eating.

2. Jim Says:
    February 5th, 2014 at 7:20 am

Of course she’s anorexic!!! It goes right along with her story, which sounded on the surface like a bad relationship got drowned in food. But the side stories were numerous and nuts. She was a high school champion swimmer who’s dad was a champion speed skater (crazy coach parent?). She was offered several college scholarships but threw them away to run off to Germany in love with an exchange student (nuts?) and when it ended badly moved to Chicago to become a pastry chef. Then she opened a food store in another state then she moved to CA to do voice over work and gained 100 lbs and stopped talking to her father for several years and her parents divorced in the middle…and oh yeah – she’s only 23. Nut job anorexic.

3. Mike Sansevero Says:
    February 5th, 2014 at 7:31 am

She definitely looks like she is anorexic now, scary, all skin and bones now, may have an eating disorder as a result of the show.

4. Dianna Romine Says:
    February 5th, 2014 at 7:38 am

Rachel looked sick me and my family were very shocked she looked old, and she looked like she needed an IV or ensure immediatly. She took the weight loss to far lots of people i have talked to thought she looked very bad. I hope they took her to the hospital when the show was over.

5. Mary Says:
    February 5th, 2014 at 8:12 am

I was shocked at Rachel’s appearance! I do not recall ever having seen any BL winner look so sickly. The first word that came to mind was ANOREXIC! Sadly, Rachel took it way too far in the wrong direction. Such a poor example to every observer. She looked stunning at the makeover night. Last night, Rachel reminded me of someone who is terminally ill. She was a poor representation of what the Biggest Loser is striving for.

6. Grace Says:
    February 5th, 2014 at 8:57 am

She looks sick. Very disappointing. she looked good at makeover week…too bad

7. debra Says:
    February 5th, 2014 at 9:11 am

I personally think Rachel looks great, she worked hard to get where she is at. I have found there is not pleasing people, if you lose weight and you are comfortable and healthy with your weight you get called sickly or anorexia, if you need to lose weight its you are obese and need to lose and are labled fat. I knew Rachel would be the biggest loser, she deserves it. I saw comments that she should not have been able to win because she had lost so much !! David was great too.

8. snaghsh Says:
    February 5th, 2014 at 10:00 am

I was very excited to see a healthy, athletic 130 pound woman, but Rachel did not look that part at all. I was shocked. Immediately, I knew there was a new problem. It was sad, and now I only hope see can overcome what can even be a tougher addiction than over eating…not eating!

9. Lo Says:
    February 5th, 2014 at 10:21 am

Debrah, I completely understand what you’re saying that there’s no pleasing everyone and there’s always going to be someone critiquing these people, especially when you’re in the public eye. However, as a nutritionist and exercise physiologist, I can tell you that Rachel is at an unhealthy weight. Her BMI is at least 18, which is in the underweight range, and a 59% weight loss for someone who started at 230 is drastically unhealthy. The show is supposed to promote healthy living with good foods and exercise and for a girl to weigh 105 at her height, she would be starving herself.

10. Unbelievable Says:
    February 5th, 2014 at 11:27 am

I quess the scariest part is… The TV puts at least 10 lbs on someone so if she looked that skinny on TV I can only imagine how skinny she looks in person. Maybe the look on Jillian & Bob’s face describes it.

11. CJ Says:
    February 5th, 2014 at 11:39 am

Oh good lord people. She’s not anorexic. She wanted to win $250,000 and calculated how much she’d have to lose to do it. With David starting at 409 – and possibly getting down to 175(57% loss) she had to lose that much. I’m sure she’ll gain some back. Get over it!

12. JF Says:
    February 5th, 2014 at 3:27 pm

So sad…….she looked like Karen Carpenter in her final days…

13. Jov Says:
    February 5th, 2014 at 10:53 pm

She look so bad I think she need to the see the doctor before they see who is the true winner Tumi she did the right way doctor could if do not eat
    so who the winner is not one look like bone and looking so skinny she starving herself that how she look skin just hanging all over place.

14. Q Says:
    February 20th, 2014 at 4:25 pm

I’m a huge BL fan and this was the worst experience I had watching the show. Rachel was beautiful at makeover week and then when I saw her on the finale I was stunned and worried for her. I can’t say that I wouldn’t do the same thing to win $250k lol but I hope she gains some healthy weight/muscle back now that the show is over.

Comments