The Bachelor: Juan Pablo Dumps Cassandra Ferguson On Her Birthday

February 11, 2014 09:10 AM by Stephanie Gustafson

Looks like Clare Crawley isn’t the only lady to receive decidedly poor treatment on this season of The Bachelor. Less likable with each episode that goes by, Juan Pablo Galavis once again angered fans during last night’s episode, going so far as to dump Cassandra Ferguson on her birthday.

Poor Cassandra! At the beginning of yesterday’s episode, she was looking forward to a group date with Juan Pablo and several of his favorite women. The former Detroit Pistons dancer admitted that it was her birthday and that, as such, she was “very hopeful” for a “fairytale ending.”

But instead of receiving an ending straight out of a storybook, or even, you know, one of those essential red roses, Cassandra found herself saddled with the ultimate rejection. Juan Pablo pulled the ill-fated contestant aside for a pre rose ceremony breakup, explaining “You’re one of my special ones…I wish we were on the same chapter.”

Before you immediately cast off Juan Pablo as a heartless jerk (which, admittedly, you may have already done following the Clare Crawley debacle), you should understand that the Bachelor had no idea that it was Cassandra’s special day. The reality star later told Twitter followers that he “found out LATER that night.”

Some fans argue that, if anything, Juan Pablo did Cassandra a favor — after all, he already knew she wasn’t the one, so why keep her from her son any longer?

What did you think of Cassandra Ferguson’s birthday rejection on The Bachelor? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it, so sound off in the comments section below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The Bachelor. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Bachelor.

Photo Courtesy: ABC

Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, The Bachelor |

9 Responses to “The Bachelor: Juan Pablo Dumps Cassandra Ferguson On Her Birthday”

1. Mdunn Says:
    February 11th, 2014 at 12:07 pm

I think he did the right thing, he knew she missed her son and didn’t want her to have to stay around for 2 more days. I think he is a super awesome guy and I whoever he falls for is very lucky.

2. debbie mcfarlane Says:
    February 11th, 2014 at 2:58 pm

Cassandra needs to be the next bachlorette

3. carol Says:
    February 11th, 2014 at 3:17 pm

I am very disappointed in Juan..he won’t kiss a girl out of respect…but he will run off to the water with another…I know it is a show…but I am really disappointed in the man he has turned out to be

4. Meri Says:
    February 11th, 2014 at 3:42 pm

I don’t think that Cassandra is old enough for Juan Pablo and I don’t know if he really knew it was her birthday or not. I do think that he’s the worst Bachelor ever. He’s making Brad Womack look good. The man is a hypocrite who in one breath is worried what he is doing in front of his daughter and in thr next, ramming his tongue down every women’s throat that he comes in contact with. Language barrier or not I don’t think that he’s a gentleman and I don’t think that he is looking for a wife. Juan is looking for his 15 minutes of fame and while I sit and watch his beady little eyes and pointy nose sniff each woman i keep thinking that I hope that he picks a woman that is equally in search of fame rather than love. Someone is going to get hurt by this fake and I’d love to see HIM kicked down a soccer field.

5. bill yelm Says:
    February 11th, 2014 at 7:18 pm

what a total asshole. reassured her then screwed her over not actually but -brain mentality. idiotic mind.

6. jenny Says:
    February 12th, 2014 at 11:02 am

This is nothing but for entertainment. A good example of how lots of young women don’t care about themselves today. There is a time and place for everything. For all we know, the show might have made him do that for drama value at someones expense as usual.

7. jenny Says:
    February 12th, 2014 at 11:05 am

She was too young anyway to even be there if you ask me.

8. cathy burton Says:
    February 21st, 2014 at 9:32 pm

He’s sadistic and abusive…..a bit squirrelly. After he took clare into the ocean as she wanted, he took it back the next day as she cried over embarrassment by telling her his daughter would be watching. Mean. Then I watched and listened to him try to make her stop crying and telling her to look at him over and over. “stop crying” he would say. Oh my, he is mean, controlling and a sick puppy. The girl who left early said something is off. He’s off! Run girls!

9. cathy burton Says:
    February 21st, 2014 at 9:35 pm

I won’t ever forget the words he said and how he tried to bully her into not crying. Hard to watch how humiliating he was. If you modify this, you are liars and covering for him. He’s the ultimate nut case.

Comments