Bethenny Frankel Plans For Restaurant Following Talk Show Cancellation

February 18, 2014 01:00 PM by Stephanie Gustafson

Bethenny Frankel’s talk show is definitely over, but that doesn’t mean the Real Housewives alum is completely giving up hope. Instead, she’s moving into new territory by following the lead of Lisa Vanderpump and running her own restaurant!

We never really expected Bethenny Frankel to become the new Ellen DeGeneres, so it wasn’t exactly a surprise when we heard that her show was on the chopping block. Obviously, the reality star is better suited to posting inspirational statuses on Facebook and, of course, running her super successful line of Skinnygirl products. But she remains as ambitious as ever, which is why, in the near future, fans may see a brand new Bethenny Frankel restaurant!

Thus far, Bethenny seems reluctant to address the Twitter rumors surrounding her talk show’s demise. Instead, she prefers to look to her future as a restaurateur. An insider tells Perez Hilton, “Bethenny keeps going out to Long Island to talk to owners of a restaurant called 388 about partnering on a project. She was most recently there last week.”

Turns out, Bethenny Frankel’s restaurant plans have been a long time in the making. Perez Hilton’s source explains, “When [Bethenny] realized her show was on thin ice, she started looking towards the future.” Looks like her future is definitely a culinary one — perhaps an expansion on the Skinnygirl theme! If nothing else, a new restaurant would make an excellent premise for a future reality show, possibly in the vein of the very successful Vanderpump Rules.

What do you think of the prospect of a Bethenny Frankel restaurant? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it, so feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below!

MORE ON THE REAL HOUSEWIVES

Bethenny Frankel’s Talk Show Cancelled After Only One Season
Kandi Burruss’ Man Threatens To Leave
Is Phaedra Parks Losing Her Spin-Off Show?

Photo Credit: Bravo

Topics: Bravo Reality TV Shows, The Real Housewives Of New York City |

20 Responses to “Bethenny Frankel Plans For Restaurant Following Talk Show Cancellation”

1. Timothy Palmer Says:
    February 18th, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Here in Overland Park, KS Bethany shows on ABC. To think they are canceling her show is hard to believe. There are a number of other shows still on the air that should have been cancelled a number of years ago. Dr. Phil is a total jerk and he is still on. ABC should really consider getting rid of him.Katie is a show that should have been cancelled in the first 3 months. Rachel Ray hasbeen on way to long. Bethany has a good program with very Iinteresting conversations. Shame on ABC they positively need mew programing.

2. Joann Says:
    February 18th, 2014 at 3:28 pm

I am shocked that Bethenny’s show has been cancelled, as I’m sure many others feel the same way.

But yes, I would love to see her start her own Restaurant and make it a reality show. Love watching her and whatever she is doing…..

3. SidsMom Says:
    February 18th, 2014 at 5:46 pm

I think they should merge Bethenny’s Restaurant w/Kitchen Nightmares (Gordon Ramsey). Now, that would be GREAT T.V.!

4. carol Says:
    February 19th, 2014 at 12:59 am

FORGET IT! EVERY REALITY STAR WANTS A TALK SHOW AND RESTAURANT AND THEY BOTH FAIL! MOVE ON TO SOMETHING ORIGINAL BETHENNY LIKE….SHOES? WHATEVER, JUST NOT FOOD. I’VE TRIED ALL OF HER RECIPES AND THEY ARE BORING! NOTHING SPECIAL AT ALL.

5. NYMom Says:
    February 19th, 2014 at 6:21 am

Hmmmm… a restaurant. I don’t think her personality is well suited to kissing the butts of patrons. The train wreck would make for good TV, which is what we really want out of “reality” TV, so I say BRING IT!

6. Laurie Says:
    February 19th, 2014 at 8:08 am

I’m going to miss her show. I look forward to watching it…she seems so relatable.

7. Stevy Says:
    February 19th, 2014 at 9:56 am

I cant believe that her show is cancelled! I’m sure she’ll be just fine, but I always thought she was a great example of someone, especially a woman, working hard to achieve their goals…. I am really surprised at the amount of haters she has… but again, I personally think she is doing a great job and wish her the best of luck!

8. mamalou Says:
    February 19th, 2014 at 10:09 am

THIS SUCKS. A NICE SHOW THAT WOMEN ACTUALLY CAN ENJOY WATCHING, THE STATION CANCELS. JUST BECAUSE THERE IS NO NO BLOOD, MURDERS, SEX, AND ALL THE CRAP THEY KEEP ON THIS CHANNEL, SHE’S GET CANCELLED. SO I SAY…..SCREW YOU AND I HOPE IT COMES BACK TO BITE YOU IN THE _____.

9. Kim Says:
    February 19th, 2014 at 10:59 am

I think Bethenny’s show would have had a better chance of making it, maybe, if she had not been going through a divorce. She has talent and it seems that with Ellen’s help, she should have been able to make it work. I think Bethenny comes across as being confident one minute and fades out of the spot light the next. She did not have enough of what it takes but she was close.

10. MANMAN Says:
    February 19th, 2014 at 1:30 pm

I FEEL BAD SHE LOST HER SHOW. SHE HAS WORKED SO HARD TO GET TO WHERE SHE IS. WE ARE ALL AWARE OF UPBRINGING-AT LEAST SHE MADE SOMETHING OF HERSELF. SHE BROKE THE CYCLE AND DID NOT USE THE EXCUSE OF THE PAST NOT TO GO FORWARD IN THE FUTURE.

THE SHOW NEEDED TO BE MORE DIVERSIFIED. IT WAS ALL ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS, WHO SLEEPING WITH WHO AND TOO MUCH BEDROOM TALK. IF YOU WANT TO APPEAL TO ANOTHER DEMOGRAPHICS YOU HAVE TO MIX IT UP. SHE IS SMART AND A GOOD SPEAKER. SHE SHOULD OF TRYED TO GET MORE INFLUENTIAL PEOPLE ON HER SHOW. DISCUSS CURRENT EVENTS OR WHAT MAJOR STORY THAT WAS HAPPENING IN THE NEWS.

GET PEOPLE LIKE CELINE DION,JENIFFER LOPEZ OR ANY OTHER GROUP OF CURRENT OR FAMOUS ROCK STAR-HAVE THEM DO A CONCERT.

THAT’S WAY OPRAH SHOW LASTED SO LONG SHE WAS VERY DIVERSE.

I’M SURPRISED THAT THE PEOPLE MAKING THE BOOKINGS FOR HER SHOW DID NOT REALIZE THIS-IF YOU TUNED IN ON MONDAY THEN FRIDAY THE TOPIC WAS ALL THE SAME RELATIONSHIPS, WHO SLEEPING WITH WHO AND WHAT TWO PEOPLE DO IN PRIVATE.

SHE IS A FIGHTER AND COMES FROM A PLACE OF YES-SHE WILL SURVIVE. I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO HER NEXT CHAPTER.

11. Melissa Honeycutt Says:
    February 19th, 2014 at 2:28 pm

I think “Bethenny in Your Business” would be a great show all by itself. That was always my favorite segment.

12. Tasha Says:
    February 19th, 2014 at 3:04 pm

I am shocked that Bethenny’s show is being cancelled. I love her show and dvr it every day and then watch at night. She is soooo believable and relatable and personable and really seems to cherish her fans. I have read a few of her books and am really going to miss her. I hope she does well and wish her luck in her new ventures!! <3

13. NYC Says:
    February 19th, 2014 at 9:36 pm

Go away Bethenny! Good riddance!

14. Blanca Says:
    February 19th, 2014 at 9:38 pm

I find Bethenny annoying because the best thing that ever happened to her was to meet her down-to-earth husband and she lost him and now refuses to pay him 50% of the business that he helped build. I also find her MEAN, NOT KIND, and VERY SELFISH.

15. marie Says:
    February 19th, 2014 at 10:57 pm

I am glad to see the show has been cancelled.
    She became such a mean girl. I think she thinks it is funny. I use to like her a lot BUT not now. She was so mean to her husband and his family.

16. Danielle Foley Says:
    February 20th, 2014 at 7:57 am

Bethenny is a surviver:) I only wish she had me on the show to show the audience a few sugar tricks and introduced a Pastry/ Baking segmant, I am a cake artist. I tried tweeting her and never got responses:( The comment above is very true about the needing to be more diverse. This show only reached out to a select demographic and part of me thinks the show actually helped her to get through her own issues even though we were the audience. Ellen should have given her crew some pointers and tried a second season. I agree with the comment above about ‘ Bethenny in your business’ by far my favorite part as well, I could have been in the thick of decorating a cake and drop it all when I heard it come on tv! Good luck Bethenny!

17. Jeannette Says:
    February 20th, 2014 at 9:36 am

I really hate that the show is being cancelled. I really enjoyed the show. The show didn’t focus on the negative things in this world but brighten our days, provided resources, laughter, and fun. You go girl.. on to BIGGER and Better things..

18. Dan Says:
    February 20th, 2014 at 12:02 pm

Could this woman and others of her kind please just die already. They are all horrible human beings.

19. daysma Says:
    February 20th, 2014 at 2:23 pm

I am glad her show is canceled. I was excited to watch it as I like her but her claimnhas always been “this is a non judgemental,safe place” yet she is sooooo judgemental! Always!!! And the constant veiled digs at her ex and divorce were old by the end of the first week. And he phony “yaaaaaaaay” all the time drove me nuts. Go back to RHONY. She was hilarious and actually relateable there. She is definitely no Vanderpump so a restaurant is not gonna work! Go enjoy your daughter, sort out your messed up life and get off tv. Maybe give your marriage a real shot!! You won’t find better than Jason Hoppy. You became a fame whore and totally unlikeable.

20. Janet Says:
    February 21st, 2014 at 2:23 pm

So glad this show is being taken off the air.
    It’s horrible. She’s just a bit too preoccupied with Bethany.

Comments