March 03, 2014 02:10 PM by Anna Sanclement
After 18 seasons of The Bachelor, we’ve seen our share of different guys hunt down their perfect mates through the popular dating show. Some of these men have been real dreams with the whole package, but others were, quite frankly, total jerks, losers, womanizers or a combination of all three.
Going back to the beginning of the show, we’ve come up with five Bachelors who have been immortalized by either their outrageous, un-gentleman like, rude and/or drama-king behavior. For better or worse these guys gave viewers lots of entertainment so we feel they should be remembered even if it’s for their bad-boy ways.
5. Jake Pavelka, Season 14: Pavelka was actually seen as a worse person after he was on The Bachelor rather than during the show because of all the drama that unfolded with his season’s winner, Vienna Girardi. While no one understood why he picked the attention-hungry drama-queen, over the much-nicer Tenley Molzahn, their quick relationship’s implosion was not a surprise at all.
A separate show just for him and Girardi was set up so they could each tell their side of the story. But, it famously ended up in major disaster with Girardi being called a media-whore and walking off set in tears.
4. Charlie O’Connell, Season 7: To make things more interesting on this season, Bachelor producers decided to cast the lesser known brother of Jerry O’Connell, along with his excessive drinking problem. Not believing that having three overnight dates in the Fantasy suite were enough, O’Connell spent most of the season trying to sleep with whichever girl would have him.
3. Brad Womack, Seasons 11 & 15: Because having Womack shatter a slew of women’s hearts after not proposing to anyone in the finale wasn’t enough, ABC saw it fitting to give him another chance so he could do it again. At least the second time around, the Texan bar owner did propose, although the engagement did not last very long.
Womack’s antics on his first go-round labeled him as a commitment-phobe with unresolved issues, and he left many viewers very angry that he dumped both his finalists DeAnna Pappas and Jenni Croft.
2. Ben Flajnik, Season 16: When Flajnik appeared on The Bachelorette with Ashley Hebert he seemed like a nice and authentic guy. But, when he became The Bachelor, his snarky personality became more apparent and his interests more clear.
His constant lust after rude and self-centered contestant Courtney Robertson, gave away the possibility that Flajnik was on the show to gain exposure for himself and his winery. Soon after his season was over, Flajnik was spotted and photographed making out with different women while he was still supposed to be engaged to Robertson.
And number one is….
1. Juan Pablo Galavis, Season 18: The current Bachelor, Galavis started out as a big catch, but has steadily decreased in popularity after a slew of events. It all started when he seemingly called gay people perverts. Next, he had a controversial intimate swim in the ocean with one contestant, and told her the next day he’d made a mistake. Then, he allegedly made one finalist’s Fantasy Suite date a “nightmare” by being an a**hole and having “no filter.”
It remains to be seen, how Galavis season will end and if he will propose to anyone in the finale.