Ruben Studdard Reveals His Current Weight Post Biggest Loser Finale

March 10, 2014 06:52 AM by Lisa Princ

ruben-studdard-reveals-weight-post-biggest-loser-finale

It’s been over a month since Ruben Studdard showed off his 119 pound weight loss on The Biggest Loser finale, leaving many Facebook and Twitter fans wondering if he would keep up his journey at home. Now, the former Idol champ is speaking out about his time on the show, and he even revealed his current weight!

We’re all about getting healthy, and for Ruben Studdard, it took The Biggest Loser to help him drop some of his weight. And while Studdard, who started the show at 462 pounds, did not lose as much as he could have for a man of his size, he still managed to lose an impressive 119 pounds by the show’s finale last month. But like us, many fans have been wondering if Ruben has kept up on his weight loss journey since the show came to a close, and what his current weight is. Well, we finally have that answer!

Studdard also explained that being on the show was an amazing experience, where he made some amazing friendships, including one with his trainer, Dolvett Quince. “The good thing about him is that he isn’t one of those people who does a job and walks away from it. He and I developed a friendship that I didn’t expect,” Studdard gushed.

We certainly wish Ruben all the best, and hope he continues his healthy routine at home.

What did you think of Ruben Studdard’s journey on The Biggest Loser? Join the discussion on Facebook, and share your opinions with us.

MORE ON RUBEN STUDDARD AND AMERICAN IDOL

Ruben Studdard Dishes On His New Album Unconditional Love
American Idol’s Jennifer Lopez Shows Off Famous Hair Flip
American Idol: The Top 12 Shows Fans What Home Is All About

Photo Credit: NBC

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows, NBC Reality TV Shows, The Biggest Loser |

18 Responses to “Ruben Studdard Reveals His Current Weight Post Biggest Loser Finale”

1. Reno Says:
    March 10th, 2014 at 10:04 am

Losing 127 pounds IS super impressive.

2. Kristen Says:
    March 10th, 2014 at 10:51 am

Good luck Ruben!

3. Cherie Says:
    March 10th, 2014 at 11:10 am

I didn’t like the tone of the article. Saying that losing 127 pounds is not “super impressive” was rude and catty.

4. Lydia Says:
    March 10th, 2014 at 11:16 am

He looks great!!! Keep up the work!!!

5. Totally Agree Says:
    March 10th, 2014 at 11:28 am

I didn’t watch Biggest Loser this season, but I am very happy to see that Ruben is getting his weight and health under control. Congratulations, Mr. Studdard!

6. Donna Says:
    March 10th, 2014 at 11:36 am

I agree with Cherie. Not Nice!! 127 pounds is great!!! I passed him at a mall in Leeds, ala. and didn’t recognize him. I told my husband that must be somebody cause he has security guards. We walked a little further and saw a sign: Reuben Studdard here today signing his new cd. Keep up the good work Reuben and God Bless You!!!!

7. Lucas Says:
    March 10th, 2014 at 11:37 am

Losing 127 pounds is more than my brother weighs, man! That is nothing to put snide remarks about!

Great job Reuben! Keep it up as a lifestyle!

8. Tucker Says:
    March 10th, 2014 at 11:38 am

127 pounds is a lot. It may not be like the others but it’s something to cheer about. Good luck and continue to lose…no matter how little.

9. Diana Says:
    March 10th, 2014 at 11:54 am

How is that not “super impressive?” Isn’t great that he didn’t lose nearly 300 pounds while on the show like other contestants?…It’s a more realistic weight loss and he’ll be able to keep it off longer. Most contestants gain back quite a bit of weight back after the show…yet Ruben has managed to lose more! Don’t listen to this ridiculous article Ruben…you’re doing things right…keep up the great work!

10. Johnna Says:
    March 10th, 2014 at 11:55 am

I’m not understanding why the article acts as if 119 lbs is a failure at weight loss. He’s losing slowly. He’s losing more than the recommended 8 lbs per month? What is the expectation from the probably non health professional writing this?

11. adrienne Says:
    March 10th, 2014 at 12:29 pm

I agree 127lbs is impressive. Slow and steady wins the race, he is learning a far better lesson and that is to change HIS life style AND that is far better than trying to be IMPRESSIVE!!!!

12. Diane Cherechinsky Says:
    March 10th, 2014 at 12:46 pm

Ruben,keep up the good work.Love Dolvett,he is so awsom.

13. DisneyChrista Says:
    March 10th, 2014 at 12:58 pm

8 pound loss in a month is awesome.

14. Sara Says:
    March 10th, 2014 at 1:08 pm

“In a new interview with an Alabama newspaper, Studdard revealed that his current weight is 335 pounds, which means he lost a total of 127 pounds so far. It’s not super impressive, but it’s a few pounds more than he lost a month ago, and given how slowly he lost on the show, it seems he is still on track losing weight.”

I don’t care if it took him three YEARS to take it off, 127 pounds is VERY impressive. What’s even more impressive is that he’s kept it off and even lost a bit more since the show ended.

15. Viv Says:
    March 10th, 2014 at 1:12 pm

You don’t think working your azz off to lose over 100 pounds is super impressive? If I lost that weight someone better tell me that it is Super Impressive !!

16. janine Says:
    March 10th, 2014 at 2:02 pm

This is so aggravating and why people feel discouraged. Average healthy weight loss is between 0.5 and 2 pounds per week. To say that Ruben’s losses were unimpressive is a slap in the face.

17. Amy Says:
    March 10th, 2014 at 2:50 pm

“Not super impressive” Really? That bothers me. 127 pounds in less than a year is pretty impressive to me. Congrats Ruben, slow and steady wins the race!

18. MsTee Says:
    April 5th, 2014 at 12:16 pm

I am happy for Reuben. He wants to live. Diabetes can be a deadly illness. At least he is getting healthy and the illness is being controlled. I know he feels so good and proud of himself and I am so proud of him. It is not easy. In fact it is hard. I did decided to use portion control and eat healthy and excerise and have lost 25 pounds and am trying to keep it off.

Comments