Aviva Drescher Versus Carole Radziwill On Bookgate – Take Our Poll

March 24, 2014 10:01 AM by Megan Thompson

aviva-drescher-versus-carole-radziwill-on-bookgate-take-our-poll

Who is the best author amongst The Real Housewives Of New York City housewives? That is the question this week when Aviva Drescher insults Carole Radziwill’s writing career. Let us know whose side you’re on in this whole bookgate drama, take our poll below.

Just as Aviva started making amends with Ramona she started making enemies with Carole. Aviva wanted to meet Carole for lunch to discuss the book that she was writing.  This makes sense, since Carole is a journalist and an author of a best-selling book. But the lunch quickly goes downhill when Carole felt insulted by Aviva’s comments.  Aviva definitely took some jabs, insinuating that writing a book is simply like “writing a long email.”  Or was Carole just simply over-reacting?

After the disastrous lunch, Aviva decided to share with Ramona that Carole used a ghostwriter for her first book. Plus, she shared that her publisher turned down Carole’s second book because it needed a total overhaul. Ouch!

Ramona isn’t one to keep quiet and shared with Carole all the rumors that Aviva was spreading.  Carole was beyond pissed that Aviva was trashing her 20 year long career.  So Carole took Aviva aside during her housewarming party and the two got into a pretty heavy fight.  Check out the extended scene below:

The two obviously haven’t made up, since Carole took to Twitter last night to make some comments during the episode.  “It’s a shame when you see a woman unable to support another woman’s success and achievements,” Carole tweeted.  But Aviva fans also took to Facebook and Twitter to show support for her.  Fans didn’t like the comment that Carole made about Aviva doing nothing outside the home – basically insulting stay-at-home moms.

So we ask you fans – are you Team Drescher or Team Radziwill on this whole bookgate drama?  Take our poll!

MORE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NEW YORK NEWS
Is Ramona Singer Going To Forgive Mario
Ramona Singer’s Husband Dumps His Mistress
Bethenny Frankel Takes No Makeup Photo

Photo Credit: Bravo

Topics: Bravo Reality TV Shows, The Real Housewives Of New York City |

11 Responses to “Aviva Drescher Versus Carole Radziwill On Bookgate – Take Our Poll”

1. Sarah Saunders Says:
    March 24th, 2014 at 1:09 pm

I think it is a very unfair comparison. Of course, Carole has had a much longer career in writing than Aviva and it is therefore easy to say that she’s much better at it. Nevertheless, I think everyone who ever publishes anything (especially a book as in Aviva’s case) deserves a lot of respect – it takes quite some guts! And I really do think that Carole’s reaction at the lunch where Aviva wanted to discuss some matters with her (which she obviously did FOR respect for Carole’s achievements!) was not the nicest, asking her whether she had used a ghostwriter… And that was before Aviva had said anything about her using one for her first book. I think that, as a true friend, she should have been more supportive of Aviva.

2. Katie Says:
    March 24th, 2014 at 8:31 pm

Thanks for your comment, Aviva.

3. Cheryl Clark Says:
    March 25th, 2014 at 1:12 pm

Aviva is a nasty, jealous person.

4. Christin Hughes Says:
    March 25th, 2014 at 5:21 pm

Oh yeah, Aviva, Carole Radziwill uses a ghost writer…. if I were Carole I would be offended too. Maybe she should give Aviva a smack in the head with one of her 3 Emmys or her Peabody award. Metaphorically speaking of course.

5. brenda Says:
    March 25th, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Carole(though I realize she is an experienced writer by profession) was very aloof at the lunch. Truly successful people are happy to help others. I think if she had just acted a bit more supportive and happy for Aviva…a lot of this would have never occurred(then there would be no episode/ratings!). I found Carole’s comment about Aviva “never doing anything outside the home”to be very in poor taste. Both are egocentric and are looking for any excuse to be offended. I wonder if they will ever have the skills and inner resources to develop authentic friendships. It’s very sad to see adult women behave this way for profit.They are not professional actors portraying characters. How sad to portray yourself for pay.

6. Katie Marsh Says:
    March 25th, 2014 at 9:27 pm

I think Carole is insulting Aviva by saying that she couldn’t possibly write a book b/c she’s “just a mother”. I’m not a mother, but I am an educated woman, and I feel very confident that I could write a book even though it isn’t “my profession” given the time and the subject. I am by no means a fan of Aviva, but I really am disappointed by Carole’s disdain for women who are different (and more educated) than herself. Aviva is right in the sense that it takes a team of people to publish a book- editors, publicists, agents, etc. I’m pretty sure Carole didn’t bind each one of her books herself before they went to sale.

7. Elle Says:
    March 26th, 2014 at 8:12 am

First of all, there is ZERO comparison between them. Carole is an author, and has been writing her entire life basically. She is “real” and genuine. Aviva is a freak show. All she does is copy others, and talks in the most crazy deranged manner. No wonder her first husband cheated on her and left her. No wonder the second marriage never took place, this husband will ditch her soon too.
    Aviva lied about Carole and her book, she made all that up to try to make herself look better. Then to turn around and say that Carole can’t look past all the gossip?? Are you freaking kidding? YOUR THE ONE that spread that gossip! The WHOLE freaking point of all this BS, is BECAUSE YOU were making lies up about her! In her psycho twisted head, she thinks she is right. Watching her on this show, is like watching a horror flick, and the psychopath is lurking around the house, looking in the windows at you!
    For the newbie boring Kristen, to say Carole is jealous is HILARIOUS!!! (She probably won’t even be around for another season anyhow.) We are sooo sick of hearing about the fake leg and the overplayed out accident. Every interview, every episode, every reunion, now a book, GET OVER IT! Aviva needs to get the boot with her own leg, off the show.
    BTW Aviva, Carole is not old and looks AMAZING for her age. You look old, and maybe your one year younger then the rest of the ladies, doesn’t make you young. Freak. To throw age around, you have to be in your 20′s or early 30′s. NOT in your late 40′s! Aviva is flat out jealous of everyone, and wants to be Carole. Like Dina put it once. “It’s like she want’s to skin me, and wear me like last year’s Versace”.

8. Sherry Says:
    March 26th, 2014 at 8:12 am

Carol is accomplished, Aviva is not. Carol is sane, Aviva is not. Aviva is just trying to hang on to the Real Housewives gig by any means – lying and slander will be her downfall. Heather said it best – don’t f… with someone’s career.. If Aviva had a career, she would understand. Aviva is an insult to all hard working stay at home mom’s!

9. pcofwork Says:
    March 26th, 2014 at 10:08 am

Carole’s point of bringing up the fact that Aviva has never worked outside the home, was meant to illustrate the fact that Aviva has no idea how insulting and defamatory her comments are. I don’t think she meant it as an insult, even though it was in anger. The fact is, Aviva should not be slinging around accusations that could be detrimental to one’s career, and reputation, which Carole has spent a lifetime building. Carole, if you want people to take you seriously, DON’T be on a reality show!!

10. CrazyBiotches Says:
    April 12th, 2014 at 9:39 am

While I agree with Carole I think she needs to let it go. I always thought she was confident and secure, keeping this story line alive is beneath her. This was taped ages ago, that she is still blogging and complaining about it endelessly gives it wings. Aviva will continue to be cray cray and provide many more opportunities for stories – so let this one go!!!

11. dan Says:
    April 18th, 2014 at 9:08 pm

I think Carole started it all by not being supportive of Aviva when she told her about her book. Carole was very insulting and when Aviva said the same things back to her she reacted like Aviva was the only one who said those things. I am surprised that more mothers were not upset by Carole’s comment that Aviva never worked outside the home. I believe Aviva has a law degree and she must be pretty smart.

Comments