Duck Dynasty Season Ends With Mia Robertson’s Surgery

March 27, 2014 11:24 AM by Lisa Princ

duck-dynasty-season-finale-mia-robertson-surgery

Duck Dynasty‘s patriarch Phil Robertson caused quite the buzz all over Twitter or Facebook a few months ago with his controversial comments. However, that has not stopped fans from supporting the family and tuning in each week. And last night, our favorite bearded clan was back for the season finale, but this time, it was all about Mia Robertson, who underwent her fifth surgery in her short life!

Despite all the previous controversy surrounding Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty remains A&E’s biggest hit, but sadly, last night was the season finale. Boo. If you missed the show, instead of being full of laughter (ok, there was definitely a good bit of comedy in there), it revolved more around Jase and Missy Robertson’s daughter, Mia, who recently underwent her fifth surgery for her cleft lip and cleft palate, a condition that the 11-year-old was born with.

When Missy and Jase asked what Mia wanted to do before the surgery, Mia requested a wrestling themed family reunion, thanks to Jase and Jep who were reminiscing about past wrestling matches with their cousins. And then things got comical when Phil’s sister and brother-in-law (Gordon) showed up, both of whom Phil claimed were yuppies. Phil and Gordon bantered back and forth about which one was the better shooter, which ended up with Phil bringing his Gordon hunting along with he and Jep. “Now you’re a man,” Phil told Gordon when Gordon finally managed to shoot a duck. Gordon quipped back at Phil to ask his sister about his manhood, which left Phil with a priceless look on his face!

At the reunion, Willie gave the microphone to Mia Robertson for a few moments, who told the family: “My favorite verse is psalm 46:10. ‘Be still and I know that I am God.’ I like this verse because whenever I am sad or have struggles I know that God is bigger than all of that and He is bigger than any of your struggles too.” Thankfully, we had the kleenex ready! Fast forward to Mia’s surgery, where both Missy and Jase looked nervous as they wheeled Mia away. A few hours later, Mia was brought back out and surrounded by her entire family, it was such a sweet moment. Her surgery went well, and if you follow the family on social media, then you already know that Mia has been doing great since that time.

To learn more about Mia Robertson’s condition, check out Mia Moo Fund, a page the family has set up to support children with the same condition, because they believe that “every child deserves a smile.” We couldn’t agree more!

What did you think of Duck Dynasty’s season finale? Comment below to share your thoughts with us!

MORE ON DUCK DYNASTY AND THE ROBERSTON FAMILY

Duck Dynasty Beard Wars: Who Has The Best Beard?
Duck Dynasty Ratings Take A Dive Following Phil Robertson Controversy
Duck Dynasty Premiere: Introducing Rebecca Robertson

Photo Credit: A&E

Topics: A&E Reality TV Shows, Duck Dynasty |

54 Responses to “Duck Dynasty Season Ends With Mia Robertson’s Surgery”

1. augusta Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Thank you Robertsons for bringing a wonderful family oriented show to TV. No swearing, drinking, cheating, or sex. WOW what a refreshing idea.

2. steve Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 12:38 pm

sorry it is over. hope someday it will be back

3. Denese Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 1:15 pm

THE BEST family oriented show on TV, ever !

4. Janet Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 1:35 pm

best show ever…you will be missed !!!!!

5. Janet Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 1:42 pm

maybe we will see you again ..hope soooooo

6. Jean Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 1:57 pm

Dear Robertson Family I am completely warmed and feel so apart of your type of living. I so miss the old down to earth clean living. Today is all sex and violence. Your show is a breath of fresh air. I love you all. I think Miss Kay should create a cook book,I love squirrel and wild game. I am a true country girl and I miss the old ways….. Keep up the good work and I can’t wait for you to come back on in the Fall in the mean time I will watch all the reruns…… Jeannie

7. Patty Crownover Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 2:06 pm

Truly the best family show in a long time that I love to watch and my grandkids also like to watch now. I have everyone hooked when I took my trip to Chile I got more of my family hooked on my rednecks even in Spanish. Viva El Duck Dynasty!

8. Patty Crownover Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 2:12 pm

Mia your a beautiful girl and you have a beautiful smile. We love ya and wish you the best. We also know its your mom and dad that need to chill all will be good cause its in Gods hands! We are praying for you Mia!

9. Breanna Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 3:06 pm

Very touching finale. You can see how much family means to each of them. It is very refreshing to have a show that you can watch with your children. They are a great group of people and they stand firm in their beliefs. I am a fan and will continue to watch. Hopefully the show will be back soon. I can’t imagine Wednesday night without Duck Dynasty! Mia is a very beautiful little girl. Her parents must be so proud. She has more strength than most adults I know. Very proud of you Mia and pray that you continue to do well. I just love this family!

10. JIM CURTIS Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 3:11 pm

HOPE MIA IS DOING WELL. DID SHE GO TO THE SHRINERS HOSPITAL IN SHREVEPORT? THANKS
    CEL 785-640-3625

11. LaVerne Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 3:20 pm

I wish all the family the best. So refreshing to see a clean, no sex and no half clothed girls, Such a loving family that is not afraid to speak Gods truth. God bless them all. Hurry back!

12. Barb Catalano Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Thank You for an awesome show. It makes me laugh and by the end of the show a peaceful feeling. It’s nice to watch a show that is about family, faith and fun. Prayers for all the Robertson’s and God Bless. Thank You

13. TJ Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 3:26 pm

This show really gets the message across about family. God bless you Mia

14. james n french Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 3:28 pm

family, family, family, God, Love, God Love, Happy, Happy, Happy…keep um cumin Duck Dynasty..

15. Nancy Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Loved the finale, but now I’m sad because it’s a long way for the new season. We just love this family! And we’re praying for Mia.

16. Auntie Mama Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 4:57 pm

I have fallen in love with The Robertson’s and Duck Dynasty (especially Uncle Si). It is a wholesome family show and I admire the fact that they are not backing down from their beliefs in the Almighty! God bless the Robertsons and may they be a shining example to us all!

17. Sissy Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 5:07 pm

This is a good family show. It’s nice not to hear swearing,killing,(except beavers and ducks). My husband and I look forward to every show we find. Thank you for sharing your family.

18. elizabeth Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 5:55 pm

love the show and the family !!

19. Dee Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 5:59 pm

Love this family and hope they will be on for years to come! Thank you Robertsons for a great show on television.

20. Roy Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 6:00 pm

DD is the best show to hit TV in a long time. It is about real life and living a beautiful Christian life. Even if one doesn’t go to church it leaves us all with a message that family and love for each other binds the world together! Thank you, Robertson family for sharing!

21. ricky Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 6:22 pm

when one door closes god opens another one.look forward to see what happens next

22. Arlene Edith McCormack Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 6:42 pm

It is awesome to know that the Robertson Family show is so realistic and true. We as christians also have trying times, and yes we are all sinners! Our LORD and SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST is a forgiving GOD. This why it is so important to encourage all of mankind to read the bible, and see the loving and forgiving GOD that we talk about. We as christians must spread the good news and gospel. I do see the hand of GOD on the Duck Dynasty show, as well as for the family! May the good LORD JESUS continue ton bless their ministry!

23. bonnie Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 7:08 pm

sorry this was the last of such a good family program. I hope they will be back soon.my prayers go out to mai and the family. great show.

24. marvin smith Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 7:10 pm

Love the show, can’t wait till next season. How come every “journalist” starts an article about Duck Dynasty with the mention of the controversy with Phil? Still trying to stir things up I guess, but then the media today is always trying to promote their opinions rather than reporting the facts.

25. Jeannie Barron Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 8:33 pm

I watched the finale with my 7 year old granddaughter. She was touched by Mia’s brave attitude. My granddaughter loves the Lord. She knows what the Robertson’s are all about. You go Mia such an inspiration. I love this show. It will be back for another season.

26. Rose Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 8:47 pm

Great show, great family. I don’t like the commercials that come out during the time I’m watching th

27. Rose Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 8:50 pm

Great show, great family. I love that they pray and just a good fun show to watch.

28. BD Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 8:51 pm

With all the depressing news from the idiots running our government, it’s nice to have some humor and down-home fun to end the day.

29. Lisa Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 9:11 pm

God Bless little Mia! She has great strength and that comes from having such an awesome family and faith! Love the Robertsons!!!

30. Andi Wolf Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 9:18 pm

We love this show. So refreshing to see a Godly family. And they are so genuine. Thanks Duck Dynasty. I sure hope there will be many more seasons to come. So glad little Mia made it through her surgery safely. God Bless her.

31. Anne Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 9:29 pm

I appreciate this family and their values, what they stand for. I have enjoyed watching them each week. Last night’s episode really hit home. I have a daughter that has a cleft palate and to see this family go through some of the same things we have, just makes them seem all the more real. I think it is awesome that they have also established miamoo.org to help children with the same problems. To see people that have as much influence as they do and use it for the positive is very encouraging.

32. neel reeves Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 9:33 pm

love the ducks–always

33. Cathy Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 10:22 pm

Too bad she got the verse “SHE” loves so much wrong – - it is, actually, be still and know that I am God NOT be still, I know that I am God.

Guess Robertson family should have coached her more on her lines.

34. Mary Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 10:23 pm

Excellent show. Please come back next season!

35. William Says:
    March 27th, 2014 at 11:29 pm

I’m Glad to see the stupid dumb asses finally go.

36. Jay T Says:
    March 28th, 2014 at 1:19 am

Best family show on TV…. Funny and thoughtful… sweet and positive……

37. john coffey Says:
    March 28th, 2014 at 3:53 am

Good Christian show. Down home. Need more shows like this.

38. Pam Says:
    March 28th, 2014 at 4:10 am

Love this family and love the show. Hope they come back for another season. Mia, you are beautiful inside and out!

39. mike Says:
    March 28th, 2014 at 4:45 am

Great show, really shows true people and is more real then any other show!!!!

Hats off to the family

40. Lori Slagel Says:
    March 28th, 2014 at 5:55 am

THE BEST SHOW EVER EVER EVER ON TV!!!!

41. Vicky Says:
    March 28th, 2014 at 6:38 am

Duck Dynasty always makes me laugh and America needs this kind of entertainment on TV. So much bad things for children to watch now, this is for the whole family. Thank you so much for time spent, we in America have loved it. God Bless!

42. Louise Barnett Says:
    March 28th, 2014 at 7:26 am

The end was funny but also kinda sad. Mia, we wish you the very best. What a brave little girl you are.

43. Michael T. Simpson Says:
    March 28th, 2014 at 7:59 am

ADIOS MOFOS!

44. Richard Bartz Says:
    March 28th, 2014 at 8:07 am

Horrid show, or most horrid show ever ?

45. melba huggins Says:
    March 28th, 2014 at 10:43 am

i follow the show faithfully. i love it because it reminds me of growing up country and w/the Lord, i am blessed. stay true to thy own self and God. Mia you touched my heart like it hasn’t been touched in a long time. you spoke and i heard the Lord through your words. thank you. your in my prayers along w/all the children in the world

46. Sandra Says:
    March 28th, 2014 at 3:14 pm

I watched this show, for the most part it was very nice. I like the godly aspect of the show too. The thing I don’t like is that the brothers always disagree, they love to argue all the time.

When Phil took his brother in law hunting, they say he is a people person, he treated him horribly, splashing water and mud all over him, getting him all wet. They say I have a horrible tongue, well his isn’t much better.

Hope the surgery went well for Mia.

47. Nancy K Says:
    March 28th, 2014 at 6:49 pm

As the parent of a son born with a cleft palate, I was touched that you shared Mia’s story with viewer’s. Your raising awareness about cleft palate babies in important and appreciated by those of us who have experienced it. I’m a bigger fan than ever now.

48. Sue Says:
    March 28th, 2014 at 7:04 pm

I think the last show was just the “season” finale not the series finale. It should be back on again in few months…I hope. It’s so great to see a good, clean family show. Yes the brothers disagree some but so what…they don’t claim to be perfect. What means the most to me is that they believe & love God & their family & aren’t afraid to let it be known.

49. Shery Says:
    March 28th, 2014 at 7:09 pm

If the show is gown,…………………down for some fine Christian tv watchigl

50. DONNA Says:
    March 28th, 2014 at 7:31 pm

TOO BAD PHIL HAD TO OPEN HIS MOUTH AND RUIN WHAT WE ALL LIKED AS A FUNNY, FAMILY SHOW.I WASN’T LOOKING FOR A SHOW ABOUT BIBLE STUDY OR POLITICAL VIEWS. AFTER PHIL OPENED HIS MOUTH IN GQ ALL HIS “RANTS” WENT PUBLIC ON YOU TUBE..NOT ONLY GAYS BUT, NO ABORTION EVEN IN CASE OF INCEST AND MARRYING A GIRL BY 15 TO GET A VIRGIN.STATISTICS ABOUT THESE 2 THINGS ARE HIGH WHERE THEY LIVE.WHAT PHIL ONCE WAS AND WHAT HE IS NOW DOESN’T MATTER..HE IS DISGUSTING. THE REST OF THE FAMILY IS GREAT AND THE KIDS ADORABLE.LOVE THEM ALL.ESPECIALLY SI.WHAT A FUNNY MAN AND IT WAS SO NATURAL.AND THE VERY BEST TO MIA WHO HAS GREAT PARENTS.THERE’S A LOT OF PEOPLE LIKE ME THAT LOVE THIS FAMILY..BUT,FEEL THAT PHIL KILLED THE WHOLE THING THEY HAD GOING..THE TAPES WERE JUST TOO DISGUSTING.COME BACK WITHOUT HIM AND I’LL BE BACK AS A HAPPY,HAPPY VIEWER..!!.BLESS YOU MIA

51. Greg Says:
    March 28th, 2014 at 8:49 pm

Sandra,
    I hope that you get the joke they were pulling there. They both were cutting it up for the camera and if you could not see that they were doing it for the camera I have too words for you …”chill out”. Really, you could tell they were just playing it up for the camera.

The only reason that the show numbers went down was due to the large quantity of fans that were not going to give A&E a dime in advertising revenue. I hope that the country western TV channel will pick them up or maybe one of the Christian channels. If they leave A&E many, I mean MANY, will come back and watch the show but when a network tries to put words in someone’s mouth they will feel the pain of those that know better than the lies spread out there about this family.

52. John says Says:
    March 29th, 2014 at 6:02 am

Need more shows like this. No sex, no cursing, no violence. Expressing one’s love for GOD. Praying daily and standing up for what the BIBLE says. Keep it up and the LORD will continue to bless you in many ways. See you next season and will continue to watch the reruns until then, if it is GOD’S will.

53. margaret Says:
    March 29th, 2014 at 8:38 am

to each of you god has and will continue to bless and keep you. i love the show keep up the good work.

54. Brandon Hughes Says:
    March 29th, 2014 at 9:07 am

We are inspired by the Robertson family and they bring us closer to God. Mia, you are in our prayers and hope everything goes well for you. You are truly an angel in our eyes. My son Dante would like to thank the Robertson family for a wonderful Christmas gift and we hope to have the blessing of meeting all of you soon. May God Bless each and every one of the Robertson family. Hope the show comes back soon.

Comments